Friday, February 9, 2007

A Walk in the Park 公園で散歩している

On the way to Chung-cheng Park 中正公園 this morning, I photographed this banner standing in front of a Japanese restaurant on Sanmin Road 三民路.


At the top is written "Jihshih Lamien (Rihshih Lamian)", or "Japanese-style ramen"; and "Hefeng Fanshih (Hefong Fanshih)", or "Japanese-style rice dishes". At the bottom is the restaurant's name, which in Japanese is "Sano Ramen" 佐野ラーメン, but which most Taiwanese would read as "Tsoyeh Lamien (Zuoye Lamian)". Just above the name of the restaurant, it says in Japanese 一番な人気 "Ichibanna ninki", or "the most popular". Now grammar has never been my forte in any language (including English!), but I don't recall 一番 being a "na" adjective な形容詞, so I'm guessing the writing is incorrect. Can anyone confirm this for me?

On the way home, I parked next to the train tracks and tried to take some pictures of trains going by. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. After a few misses like the picture on the left, I was finally able to get a decent shot.


I don't think I'll ever be a trainspotter.

No comments:

Post a Comment