Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Winter hangs on 寒かった

On the weekend I wore shorts for the first time this year. Today, I was in long-sleeves and a heavy jacket as another cold spell has gripped the island. The chill and the ominous-looking clouds put paid to my plans to go walking in the hills, so instead I went for a brief ride on my scooter, across the Tachia (Dajia) River 大甲川 and into the neighboring town of Houli 后里(こうり). There was actually some nice rural scenery amid the factories and garbage incinerator plant, but the battery on my camera ran out before I could take any more pictures.
週末に暑かったからショートパンツをはいた。しかし、今日は寒くなった。スクーターで「后里」というの近くの町に行った。

A paper mill 製紙工場

 
A billboard 看板 put up by a local KMT politician, giving her New Year greetings in five languages: Mandarin 北京語, English 英語, Korean 韓国語 (새해 복 많이 받으세요), French フランス語 and Japanese 日本語(あけましておめでとうございます)

The Tachia River flood plain 大甲川

No comments:

Post a Comment