Sunday, April 5, 2009

Amber at the 美術館

The Lonely Planet guide to Taiwan quotes an expat father as saying that the children's library at the Taiwan Museum of Art in Taichung 台中 is the best one that he had ever seen. I don't know if I would go quite so far - I haven't seen any other children's libraries, and I didn't notice the igloo, castle and rainforest areas that are described in the LP book. Nevertheless, there were lots of books for children to look through, with a surprisingly large number of English titles (and at least one in Japanese that I found). Amber was more interested in the interactive computer displays, but if you have children and find yourself with time to kill in Taichung, the art museum and the children's library there are worth a visit.


We arrived at the museum this afternoon just in time for Amber to take part in a mass painting project. The mural will be displayed inside once it is dry.


 
My daughter's masterpiece (on the bottom)

No comments:

Post a Comment