Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pardon my Macaque

It seems I've been getting myself into some monkey business lately. This afternoon, as I was making my way down the No. 1 Trail in the Tak'eng 大坑 area, I came across a troupe of Formosan Rock Macaques 台灣獼猴. There were at least a dozen individuals jumping around in the trees, crossing over the wooden trail, grunting and occasionally baring their teeth at me. It wasn't easy taking pictures or making videos as the monkeys concealed themselves in the vegetation most of the time, but I was able to get a shot of one:


As I was preparing to move on, I turned around and saw one macaque walking right towards me on top of the railing. As soon as I pointed the camera at it, it quickly moved off into the forest:


It's moments like this one that remind me I really don't have much to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment