Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Taichung Restaurant

Happy New Year, 新年快樂 and 明けましておめでとうございます to one and all. May this year be a great one!

My family welcomed in 2012 this afternoon by paying a visit to my friend Steve and his family in Taichung 台中. Before doing so, however, we treated ourselves to a nice lunch at a theme restaurant located along the Art Museum Parkway 美術綠園道 in the western part of Taichung. 1924 Shanghai Restaurant 新月梧桐 attempts to evoke the splendor of the glory days of pre-World War II Shanghai, with old photographs adorning the walls and antiques on display in glass cases throughout the establishment. Among the dishes we had for lunch were seafood rolls, tofu with crab meat, lamb and crunchy eel. Everything was very tasty, and well worth the expense. We can't afford to eat this well every outing, but we certainly got the new year off to a delicious start.


My wife and daughter pose inside 1924 Shanghai. At this point, you're probably wondering why there aren't any mouthwatering photographs of the food, or any more shots of the restaurant's interior. That's because I started off 2012 by forgetting the check the battery level on my digital camera. After this photo had been taken, it was "That's all, folks" for any more pics (you can follow the above link to see more of 1924 Shanghai). It wasn't until we were outside, and taking a stroll along the parkway, that the thought occurred to me that I could use my cell phone in place of the digital camera:


I do hope that "d'oh!" isn't going to be my buzzword for the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment