Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Misty Mountain Hop

I woke up this morning at 5:45, and after a quick breakfast, hopped on my scooter and rode out to Tak'eng (Dakeng) 大坑. The weather was miserable, being overcast and drizzly, and the mountains were shrouded in fog - in short, it was a glorious morning walk, one that I wish I could do more often. Naturally, the threat of heavy rain kept all but a few souls at home. Being alone on a foggy mountain trail, especially the No. 1, which is still closed for repairs (nothing that a little fence hopping can't overcome), made me feel like I was in a Kurosawa 黒澤明 movie. The soggy Tung アブラギリ blossoms carpeting the ground also added to the atmosphere. The only thing missing from this picture were monkeys, but I'm not complaining. Heaven is what you make of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment