Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Changes in the weather

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. I was fortunate in that I was able to arrange my work schedule so that I would have the morning off, and thus get to see Amber open her gifts, of which she got too many, I'm afraid. The expectations bar has been raised!

Other than Christmas, things have been quiet on the Kaminoge front. This morning, as is becoming the case on Tuesdays, I woke up at 6 in order to get out into the mountains in the Sintian area and do some walking. Whereas the last couple of weeks I had been blessed with gorgeous (if not necessarily warm) weather, today was a case of non-stop drizzle. On the one hand, this meant having to tread carefully over slippery, muddy sections of trail, including one part which had been washed away by a previous rainstorm or typhoon. But then again, the rain meant the mountains were covered with mist, and the trails were free of other, more sensible souls.


 
"Self-Portrait in Mirror" circa 2008



No comments:

Post a Comment