Monday, June 25, 2007

Trip to Japan: Day 1 6月17日日曜日

I'm back in Taiwan after a week in Japan. My feelings are somewhat mixed at the moment - I really wish I could've stayed in Japan, but at the same time I missed Amber and Pamela very much this past week. For the next seven days, I'll post some pictures of the places I visited and write briefly about some of the things I did in Nippon.

There isn't much to report on for Day 1, actually. My flight to Kansai Airport 関西国際空港 on Cathay Pacific didn't depart until 4:15 in the afternoon last Sunday. Though the flight itself only lasted a couple of hours, the one-hour time difference, plus the time spent in Immigration upon landing, meant that it was around 8:30 in the evening by the time I left the airport. Taking the Nankai Line 南海 to Namba station 難波駅 in Osaka 大阪, I transferred to the Midosuji subway line 地下鉄御堂筋線 and got off at Shinsaibashi 心斎橋, and checked into my hotel for the night. So much for the first day.

While waiting for my flight at T'aiwan (Taiwan) T'aoyuan (Taoyuan) International Airport 台湾桃園国際空港, I took this picture of an Eva Air jet getting ready to take off. Love that Hello Kitty motif!


Next: Osaka to Yoshino 吉野

No comments:

Post a Comment