Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Life goes on

The apartment seems a little emptier now that Chiou-chiou is gone. Amber has been looking for him, but at her age (21 months) she's too young to fully grasp what has taken place (good thing, too, because death is one topic I know I'm going to have to address with her someday, one of several future discussions I'm not looking forward to). We'll probably get a new cat after we get back from the States at the beginning of December, as I would like Amber to grow up around animals, especially felines.

This morning I took advantage of the sunshine to visit the Tak'eng (Dakeng) 大坑 area, and do a couple of hours of walking along the trails there. I don't know if it was a case of belated awareness brought on by the death of a beloved pet, but it just seemed there were more signs of life than usual in Takeng today.

No comments:

Post a Comment