Friday, February 16, 2007

Last walk of the year

This morning I went for my last walk of the year, the Lunar New Year 旧正月, that is. Tomorrow I'm planning on sleeping in before going to work in the afternoon at the cram school 塾 (puhsipan /busiban 補習班). On Saturday, the eve of the Lunar New Year, we're going to Sun Moon Lake 日月潭 (にちげつたん) to spend the night. So today was my last visit to the hills overlooking Fengyuan (Fongyuan 豊原) in the Year of the Dog 戌年.

On the way out this morning, I passed by this structure in my neighborhood that looks as if it's being attacked by some B-movie alien plant species.


This attractive temple belongs to the Tientichiao (Tiandijiao) 天帝教, the Lord of Universe Church. One of Pamela's Taiwanese friends in Yokkaichi 四日市 is a follower. I'll refrain from comment, but suffice it to say the building looks more interesting than the nearby Tienshan Buddhist Temple. However, unlike the Tienshan Temple, the road to this building doesn't connect with any of the walking trails in the area. I took this photo by trespassing in a fruit orchard, something I seem to be doing a lot of lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment